Thursday, November 1, 2012

I HATE appt days.  Especially when we have to talk about the hard things.  Like why all of a sudden I'm in competition with the family dog to see who can shed the most hair at once.    Sigh.....

But it wasn't that big of a deal.  He doesn't know either.  It could be my meds.  Hair loss is a known side effect of Arava.  It could be the fact that I was pretty sick, had vein procedures, planned a wedding, didn't sleep much, and moved all at the same time. 

Problem is that I'm at the end of the road as far as oral meds go.  Super expensive injections are my next option and the Arava has worked well for several months.   Not wanting to jump ship on that just yet, he suggested I stop my med for 2 weeks then start back every other day.  Good plan!  I've been doing the every other day for about 2 weeks and can't tell much of a difference. 

Then he said something that got my attention.  Kind of in passing he says, "You have a thin frame, it could be that 20 mg was too much anyway. 

AH HA!  So I got to thinking.  When I was sick I lost about 10 pounds.  I'm still there.  A move, a wedding, no sleep, and over medicated seems a logical reason to loose hair.

2 weeks.  We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment