Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Appointment Today

Today was my appt with Dr. Baker.

Honey went with me, which was great. It's like an out-of-town date!

Anyway, he mentioned that it's only been 9 weeks since we've started this treatment. That doesn't sound like long at all does it? And so much improvement in a short amount of time!

There are some tweaks we are doing with the hormone cream b/c my symptoms are so cyclical. He is also starting me on a low dose Nystatin for awhile for Candida.

I was really hoping that he'd say we were done with all the LGS/Candida business and that I could start re-introducing some foods. But no. We're looking at a good 2 years.

And while that kinda sounds like a long time, it's ok. I'm finding more and more foods that I like. Besides, its worth it to feel better. And most of the time I'm feeling pretty good.

Lately...
~I opened a bag of chips!
~I don't doubt whether or not I can walk during tutoring.
~I can almost wear my wedding ring.
~I've discovered that I'm pretty good at making smoothies.

2 comments:

  1. yay!
    about that 2 years ~ I bet 9 wks ago he didn't really expect you to be where you are now...

    you're gonna have to share your smoothie awesomeness with us, you know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I am really proud of you and your commitment to your health. It is a lot of hard work!

    ReplyDelete