Friday, July 13, 2012

I am trying to focus on thankfulness.  I have tons to be grateful for and I don't want to be caught up on what I don't have.  I wonder though if this is as good as it gets.  I feel like I've plateaued and I'd like to get to the next level of wellness and mobility.  But I do remember what it used to be and I'm so thankful to be here instead of there.   My next appt is in 2 months and I wonder where I'll be by then. 

~I have very few limitations.

~I don't need help with many things.  Maneuvering something heavy with one hand is nearly impossible ....like draining a skillet or pouring a full gallon of milk.  But it's easy enough to do with 2 hands. 

~I don't think twice about driving or walking or anything that used to be a big problem.

~I still find myself smiling when I turn on my lamp with one hand or pick up my Bible, or make my bed.

~I hope I never forget and always appreciate these little things I used to take for granted.

~I can snap with my left hand.

~My wrist continues to feel better.  Maggie's non-steriod shots don't work as quickly as the steriod ones.  This is good though. 

~I am praying that I can wear my ring on my right hand soon.  I'm to the point of asking Honey if I can get it re-sized.  I really don't wanna go there but I love that ring...the first one he ever bought me.  But for now I'm so thankful to wear my wedding rings.   My right fingers are ridiculously swollen so that contines to be my biggest problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment