Friday, September 21, 2012

The other day I was in a moment of thankfulness and remembering how when we were moving into this rent house just 7 months ago there was a question in my mind if I would be able to fully participate.   The thought of that was so foreign to me b/c I have been doing so well.  I never doubt if I'll be able to do anything.

Then there is today.  And I'm reminded anew what disability means.  Dis-ABLE to do something.
It's been building up for about a week.  But this morning I work up with both shoulders and both elbows hurting.  Sloooow moving.  But it was nothing compared to my wrist.  And I cried my first RA related tears in a long time.

Shoulders and elbows tend to be a quick healing flare for me.  But the wrist is a downward spiral to shots.  And there is so much you can NOT do with a bad wrist.  It controls your whole hand.   So then I was back to needing help pulling food out of the oven.   And using 2 hands for a job that should require one.  Not wanting it to go farther I wanted to see Maggie to hopefully avoid a shot.  Not a chance.  She was booked tight.  Since a wrist flare has never gone away on its own I'm guessing I'll be texting her again tomorrow.  Sigh.....

Why??  I'm always looking for a reason.  What has set this off all of a sudden?
I've been sick for awhile with this icky cough that most of my family has been down with for the last month.  It's getting better but it's lingering.  It's my first sickness in 2 years and I'm guessing its triggered my RA.  At least that's all I can come up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment