Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Home Stretch!

I'm hungry, grumpy, snappy, and about to cry. 
But.....

MY JOINTS ARE FEELING GREAT!

Not perfect, but great.  And I'm so thankful. 

I'm officially done but will carry it over to the morning b/c the mornings are the true test.  Then my man told me he'd bring me some chicken in bed for breakfast.  Is he a love or what?  I'm just wondering if he knows how early breakfast might be! ;-)

We spent the afternoon touring a farm.  I was outside, in the heat (which wasn't so hot), and on my feet the whole time.  Usually this would be a situation that would bring some big swelling.  Temporary and not too painful, but big.  Today my hands were very minimally swelled by the whole thing! 

My wrist is my worst joint right now and that surprises me.  But even that is ok.  And when I say worst, I mean that extreme bending brings mild pain.  Not that it's slowing me down or putting me in a brace.  There is no noticeable swelling.  Maybe the morning will bring even more freedom. 

I am perfectly aware of the temperamental disease that RA is.  People can do great, even go into remission for years only to have it come back when you're least expecting it.   I am holding all this loosely and just concentrating on thankfulness knowing that tomorrow could bring something entirely different.  As for now I am praising the Lord "who heals all your diseases" (Ps 103) and still asking for a miracle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment