Thursday, April 14, 2011

Currently

"How are you feeling?"

It's hard to know how to answer that question. And for awhile I would say, "It's not getting worse."

But this morning Honey told me that it is getting worse. He watches the way I move. He takes note of my increasing limitations. He doesn't "get used to it and adjust" like I do.

I can't decide if I agree or not. True, it's not been as aggressive as initially predicted. But I can't say that there is ever improvement to speak of. This morning I found that I could straighten 2 fingers that I haven't been able to for over a week. But I could not turn on my lamp. That's never happened before. While the lamp is an issue every morning, I can always adjust and use different fingers to do it. But this morning it took awhile before that happened. So as one thing appears to improve, another gets worse. At least for a time. It's like waking up every morning to a surprise. An unpleasant surprise in one way or another.

The popping comes and goes. But now it's in my fingers. Not the audible popping of my shoulder, but the internal popping that I can feel. There have been a couple of times that my thumbs have locked. THAT is a weird and scary feeling!

I don't know anything else to do differently. I'm following the treatment plans for candida and LGS. Now it's just wait and see. I need to exercise more.

The worst part is the way it affects my husband. He handles it well on the outside, but I know it's a burden.

The one word to sum up this year would be "broken". So many things are broken...
~the computer
~the glass stove top
~various dishes
~the water hose timer
~the garage door opener
~the car
~the cookie jar
~the salad spinner
~me

Emotionally I think we're doing very well. There is a difference between waiting and being patient. We have no choice in the waiting, and we need to work on the patience.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you my sweet cousin. good thing our God is not broken. Love you and hope you can find rest in your soul....though our outer man is decaying our inward man is being renewed day by day!!!! xoxoxox Sorry for your suffering. I will pray for your whole fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of that song on FIREPROOF "While Im waiting"

    I'm waiting on You, Lord
    And I am peaceful
    I'm waiting on You, Lord
    Though it's not easy
    But faithfully, I will wait

    praying
    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes makes me so sad to read that "me" is on the list of your broken things. But I'm thankful that God has protected your heart and that you are doing well emotionally. I pray your heart will continue to be fixed on things above. Live for heaven, my friend. I love you. Wish I could give you a hug. <3

    ReplyDelete