Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Setback

The morning after my great day I woke up and realized it was over. The goodness didn't last. In fact, it was quite a crash compared to my recent progression.

My walk was slooooow. I couldn't turn my neck. Or straighten my fingers on my right hand. It was actually in every joint that is typically affected by RA. Swelling, popping. I hate the popping.

I spent the day confused. What happened? Why the huge set back? What on earth could've changed? I prayed for answers and tried to guard against self-pity.

And in the afternoon, it was clear. And to avoid too much information, suffice it to say it was totally cyclical. Completely hormonally related. And I had no idea.

This was great news! First of all, b/c it was an answer..with an end. And also b/c it's sort of another piece of the puzzle. Something else to track, to expect, to talk over with my Dr. And it also validated in my mind that we are approaching this the right way.

Progressively the week is getting better. The walk is faster and more steady. I have more energy. I can turn my neck farther and almost straighten my fingers.

I'm guessing by Saturday, I'll be back to the low digits!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates! Glad there was a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it's cyclical, is it something u can put on the calendar (in your head mebbe) and plan for? i'm sure many ppl - me included! - would be happy to take the kids or do anything else help on days like that!

    ReplyDelete