Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dr Baker

My man took the day off and we headed to NW Arkansas this morning. I felt so silly sitting in the car and looking forward to the long drive with just the 2 of us. There and back! And what a pretty day too.

We liked Dr Baker. And he took an hour and a half with us! Talking, answering questions, asking questions, looking over lab work, explaining.

He actually wants to get to the root of the problem and not just fix the symptoms! Thank you Lord.

He thinks there's a strong possibility that it is hormone related due to my miscarriage history. So more blood work. And some more (different) food allergy testing.

He increased my SAM-e and Vitamin D3
Nixed the cod liver oil and glucosamine chondroitin
Added 2000mg of Fish Oil and MSM
Plus a 6 week prescription of something that I don't have in front of me now so I can't type it.

He agreed that a vegan diet was a good plan as well as steering clear of the nightshades...tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplant.

No eggplant? yay! Rats.
But no tomatoes? Or spaghetti sauce, or pizza sauce, or salsa, or.......? Oh well.

I go back in 3 weeks. As for now, we're both encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'm thrilled to hear that he wants to get to the bottom of this, the reasons why. When that is addressed, then your body can function in balance and will affect everything.

    We're praying for wisdom all around.

    Blessings on your day, my friend. Thanks for the update!

    Love and a hug,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete