Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Waiting

My pastor told a good story Sunday. I won't re-tell it as well, but you'll get the idea.

It was an interview with a released POW. The interviewer asked him how he managed during the 8 years he was held captive.

He said that he just held on to the hope that he would be released and always trusted.

The interviewer asked, "But what about the ones that didn't make it?"
His answer, "They were too optimistic."

"They kept thinking that they would be released next month. When next month came, they were broken hearted. They the set their hopes on the following month. And they were broken hearted. They were naive and too optimistic without facing the facts of the brutal reality."


Oh wow, did that hit home!

I read success stories of ppl being well in 12 days. I hold on to the hope of feeling better in the morning. I set goals and measure.

And I'm disappointed.

But the fact is, I will be healed in His time. Not mine.

And I need to wait patiently w/o losing heart.

2 comments:

  1. when i want some waiting period over tomorrow (or yesterday...) i try to remember how long David waited - AFTER being anointed - to become king. years. or how long Abram waited for a son.
    'parently, God moves pretty slowly sometimes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word, my friend. And He gives us the "treasures of darkness" (Is. 45:3) in the meantime.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete